These are my signature homemade cookies that I’ve been perfecting since high school. I don’t often make ready made cookies, because I get satisfaction out of saying I made mine from scratch (it was the only thing I knew how to make when all of my friends were making whole Thanksgiving dinners in high school… hahaha). All of my family and friends love em’… hope you do too!
Makes: 14 big cookies/19 small cookies
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz. white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. Beat butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking powder, beat into the mixture. Add the chocolate and stir until mixed.
3. Scoop up a small amount of the mixture and roll into a ball (the bigger the ball, the bigger the cookie). If you want big cookies, you should be able to fit 5-6 on the cookie sheet. You can have up to 9 smaller cookies on the sheet. Make sure you leave space between the cookies as they will almost double in size.
4. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes until golden (flatter cookies = max oven time). Let cool for 2-3 minutes. These soft baked cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.