If you hadn’t noticed, I like lists. I put everything into lists. No, really. Everything in my pantry is on a food inventory list. So if you don’t mind, here are a few more…
List of 10 things I want to do this summer:
- Go to the beach (any beach!)
- Have a picnic
- Go to a drive-in or see a “movie in the park”
- Not worry about getting my hair wet
- Read a good book or two
- Take Zumba classes
- Go to a concert (hopefully Musiq Soulchild’s next concert here)
- Switch up my style (i.e. from minimalist classic to extravagantly trendy)
- Drink more water
- Try a new hairstyle
5 Things I’ve Done Lately That I’m Proud Of:
1. Graduated with a BS in Psychology
2. Learned how to change a diaper. I went from knowing nothing at all, to changing one in 10 minutes, to changing one in 5 minutes. I’ve experienced children peeing on the changing table right as I’m putting the new diaper on. I’ve experienced blowouts (poop explosions), squirmy babies, kicking and screaming. I think I’ve got a good grasp on that aspect of mommyhood. I used to worry about that part. Now my biggest worry is hoping I never get peed in the face… by a baby boy.
3. Tried new foods. I’m a picky eater, and everything I eat is predictable. I’m trying to expand my horizons. Recently, I tried the lettuce wraps at P.F. Chang, they were ok. I also tried calamari and crabmeat wontons… both of which I thought tasted disgusting… I already hate seafood, but I gave it another try. Now I really hate it. The end.
4. Taken on more financial responsibility. I’m paying back my student loans on my own, paying part of my rent, maintaining a credit card, and opened a savings account.
5. Became more sociable. I am interacting more with my co-workers more than I have in past jobs. I haven’t mentioned it much on this blog, but I have social anxiety. As I’ve mentioned before on Mademoiselle Living this is a big thing for me and I’ve been working at opening myself up to new friendships.
Do you like lists too? If so, I’d recommend picking up books from the Listography series. (I have the regular book myself and gave the music book as a gift to a friend). What are some things you want to do this summer? Any thing you’ve done lately that you’re proud of?