Miguel’s Art Dealer Chic Vol. 1-3 is an EP series that’s currently in heavy rotation on my ipod. Each volume has 3 songs (all written and produced by himself) and I’m pretty sure he’s mastered the sound of Prince with a modern twist. Continue reading
When I was 4 years old, the first song I ever sang in front of my mom and grandma was Whitney’s version of “I Will Always Love You,” because “Whip-ney Houston is my favorite singer,” I told them. I’m truly saddened by the news of her death.
Many people tend to think solely of the side of Whitney that focused on the negative. The side that spiraled out of control, never regaining footing. I only saw her as the shining star from The Bodyguard (it probably had a bit of something to do with that armored costume she wore for her “Queen of the Night” performance). I saw her as Continue reading
“Sun of a Gun” – Oh Land
A few weeks ago I was standing in line waiting to order food at Wendy’s and this video from Oh Land played in the background. I liked the song and made a note in my cell phone to look the song up later. Fast forward to a week later. I am tearing out things that inspire me from old magazines and I notice Continue reading
Today is the JPD’s 1st birthday! Yay! And this is my 200th post! Woohoo! The title of this post expains it all. In celebration, I created a new layout! Hope you all like it as much as I do!
Aside from those two milestones, one of the best things this time of year are the classic Christmas movies and (even better) classic Christmas songs. Here are some of my favorite holiday classics… with a modern twist. Enjoy!
JPD Christmas Remixed
- Happy Holidays (Beef Wellington Remix) – Bing Crosby
- Jingle Bells (Dan The Automator Remix) – Dean Martin
- Everybody’s Waiting For The Man With The Bag (Thunderball Mix) – Kay Starr
- The Christmas Waltz (AwayTeam Remix) – Nancy Wilson
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow (Suedojazz Remix) – Lena Horne
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Malibu Mix) – Billy May
- I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Stuhr Remix) – Kay Starr
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside (Mulato Beat Remix) – Louis Armstrong & Velma Middleton
- The Christmas Song (Michael Kessler Open Fire Mix) – Mel Torme
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (MNO Remix) – Rosemary Clooney
- I’ve Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Psapps Lady Remix) – Kay Starr
- The Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Shrift Remix) – Andy Williams
To help you set the holiday mood as you deck the halls… here’s some merry tunes! Enjoy!
JPD 25 Songs of Christmas Playlist on Spotify
- Christmas in Harlem – Kanye West ft. Teyana Taylor & CyHi Da Prynce
- Christmas in Hollis – Run DMC
- Peace on Earth – Kaskade ft. Joslyn
- What Christmas Means To Me – Stevie Wonder
- Christmas Wrapping – Spice Girls
- Happy Christmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon & Yoko Ono
- Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow – Ella Fitzgerald
- This Christmas – Donny Hathaway
- All I Want For Christmas Is You – Mariah Carey
- Sleigh Ride – TLC
- Last Christmas – Wham
- Christmastime Is Here (Vocal) – Vince Guaraldi
- Mistletoe – Colbie Caillat
- Zat You Santa Claus – Louis Armstrong
- I Like A Sleigh Ride (Jingle Bells) – Peggy Lee
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Jackson 5
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – The Ronettes
- Little Drummer Boy – Low
- Everything Is One Big Christmas Tree – The Magnetic Fields
- The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You) – Nat King Cole
- Merry Christmas, Baby – Christina Aguilera ft. Dr. John
- Blue Christmas – Michael Bublé
- Christmas Wish – Stacie Orrico
- Let It Snow – Boyz II Men ft. Brian McKnight
- What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? (Mangini vs. Pallin Remix) – Ella Fitzgerald
“Katy On A Mission” – Katy B.
You’re wondering… what’s up with THAT title? C’mon guys… you should know by now how much I love putting song names and lyrics in my titles! Hehehe… I liked this one, doesn’t fit my personality at all.
Speaking of music… I’ve got new songs for you! It’s been no bueno that I haven’t posted much music up recently. I didn’t have as much time to download mix tapes and what not, but now I have! Some of the songs may be old to you, but they’re new to me! Hope you like them as much as I do (because they’re pretty awesome)!
First up… Melanie Fiona’s “4AM.”
Oh you guys… I must have caught a virus, because I was SO sick yesterday. Of course now I’m famished and can’t eat anything I actually want. Since I’ve started my job in February, I’ve had 3 colds and now this. I haven’t been this sick in a couple of years and I hate it. AND I’m missing out on work… not that work is my favorite place to be, but this virus is messing with my money mayne! Especially since I’m on leave next week and I don’t get paid leave yet. Poo…
Mr. Hunny Bunny did try to take care of me though as I was laid out on his parent’s couch drifting in and out of a deep sleep. Once again he wore his infamous old ski mask to “shield” himself from my germies. Hahaha… poor baby.
A memo to him:
I thought I had you.
I guess you ran out of patience,
or maybe you thought I was too high maintenance.
No, that can’t be it. You just wanted to quit…
while you were ahead. Enough said.
I guess I wasn’t enough for you.
It’s true, I feel let down because I waited around.
Hoping and praying that you would too.
So far removed, you forgot about me.
You must’ve thought I forgot about you.
A memo to you:
Higher and higher we go.
I don’t want to come back down.
Your love got me high.
[Cue Groove Theory’s “You’re Not The 1”]
Indeed, it’s true. Everything does happen for a reason. Case in point… the reason I didn’t end up with him is because he wasn’t the right one for me. We’re on two different pages. Always have been, always will be. Though I desperately wanted us to be, it wasn’t our fate. Now I realize he could never be as perfect for me as you are. The man I’m with now is the right one. The only one. My best friend and lover.
I’m really starting to get attached to caring for the infants and pre-toddlers at my job. It took me a little while to adjust to them, because Continue reading